Monday 19 December 2016

The Famous Tutu!


I harnessed my inner Carrie Bradshaw today! When I was a teenager, my friends and I religiously watched was Sex and the City. Its strange how our group of 15 year old girls from Montreal related to these Thirty-something year old women from New York... But anywaysI We idolized Carrie Bradshaw: her job, her clothes, her apartment. We were kind of convinced that this was how our adult life would be. Today I gave the ballerina look a chance. At least since Sex & the City ballet-looks are up to date. The Famous Tutu! Field set the tone for Carrie’s always-unexpected style when she opted for a tutu and tank look she described as “quirky” for the series’ opening credits. “I remember I bought that tutu for $5!” I myself aslo snagged this fab find Tulle skirt for a cool 5$ from some random store I found downtown. I bought this item because it reminded me of Sex and the City, but i honestly never really had the intention of actually wearing it, where could I wear it? But Carrie Bradshaw changed the game of fashion, she made tutus work in Times Square. So I think I can make mine work In Le Plateau-Mont-Royal! Tulle or ballerina skirts can easily look costume like if worn in certain ways. So here are a few ways that you can wear a tulle skirt for a more high fashion look: You can try wearing it with a corset top. This is what I did to acheve this look today. I partnered my skirt with a complimentary corset. You could try a corset in the same color as you skirt for a streamlined look, or like me you can try a contrasting color for a bit more drama! Try is with a leather jacket to toughen up the look. This can save you from looking like a little girl in a party outfit. This mix of feminine and edgy has been a very popular combination in fashion. For day, a plain T-shirt or tank top often works well with a tulle skirt as it helps give it a low key vibe. If your skirt has a high waist, like many tulle skirts it might also work well with bodysuits. A wide belt at the waist can also work well with this style. 








No comments:

Post a Comment