Monday 19 December 2016

How To Dress For An Audition

Exciting news! Today i have an audition! It is for a small part in a commercial! I am by no means an actress or a model but I do have a talent agent. I came by this agent by accident one day. My boyfriend is actually a part time actor and I once came with him when he was going to an audition. I sat in the waiting room while he auditioned and as I was waiting his agent suggested that I should try out for the role. I was totally shocked at this, was totally unprepared at all!!! But i went in and auditioned for it. I felt like I didn't do anything special, but a few days later I received a call from the agent telling me that I had gotten the part! So ever since then I have been on this agencies roster, so I sometimes get calls to audition for little things like commercials or ads. I do this if I have free time either after work or on the weekends. Anyways, so today I have an audition and I wanted to take this opportunity to post about what a person could wear to an audition!! What ive learned about what is best to wear to an audition is very simple. It is simply to dress simple lol. Seriously! The casting agent kind of would like to see you as a blank canvas. An audition is not really like a job interview when it comes to style, although it iiiis still and interview for a job so dont dress like a slob (rhyming!!!). Jeans & tee is perfectly acceptable. Be comfortable! You probably have a whole section in your closet designated to office and professional attire. But beware – this is not the occasion to break out your fanciest outfit. For your face, try to keep it light with the make-up if any at all, for real; if you have to wear it, make sure it is as little as you can to appear as natural as possible. This is not the time to try out all the makeup techniques you learned on the pageant circuit. You don’t want to look like the glamour shot you did in high school, but actually like the real you! You can probably pump up the volume a little bit, maybe make stronger make-up choices, particularly for the eyes. You could probably do bigger hair – not Ms. Texas big, but a little volumizer couldn’t hurt. The one hard and fast rule in this category is by any means necessary keep the hair out of your eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment