Monday 19 December 2016

Me at the RAW show!

I've been totally MIA with this blog for the past week and a half. Sorry, but it was because I was working on my art peices for my RAW show that was on May 7th. RAW Montreal is basicaly a gallery show where Montreal artist can display and perform their art work. RAW:natural born artists is an independent arts organization, for artists, by artists. RAW is an international community made up of creative individuals across the globe. They welcome all genres of art including independent film, fashion, music, visual art, performing art, hairstylists, makeup artists and more.RAW currently operates in nearly 60 cities across the United States, Australia, Canada and, now London. What I presented at RAW was a series of Lino block prints. Linocut is a printmaking technique, a variant of woodcut in which a sheet of linoleum is used for the relief surface. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a V-shaped chisel or gouge, with the raised areas representing a reversal mirror image of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is inked with a roller called a brayer, and then impressed onto paper or fabric. The actual printing can be done by hand or with a press. I decided to focus on the theme of Fashion! All in all I was very happy with the turn out of the night. The whole process was a lot of fun for me. I was so happy to have a had the opportunity to be able to participate in a show like this and hopefully there will be more to come!





























No comments:

Post a Comment