Monday 19 December 2016

Bohemian Vibes


Hello!! Yesterday was Friday and it’s the start of the long labor day weekend. So a.k.a pretty much the official end of summer :(. So I decided to bust out this summer dress as it might very well be the last summer dress I wear for the rest of the year. I was rocking this paisley print dress, that was not usually my style, or at least I didn't think it was my style at first but it turns out that I actually really like this paisley print thang! Paisley could be described as the true vintage print as its history dates back to as early as 224AD and you can’t get much more retro than that. Originating from India and the Middle-East. The pattern has come a long way from its roots. In the ’60s it was adopted by hippie culture. Psychedelic!! I had actually picked up this dress a few weeks ago from the sale section in Forever 21 for a honkin 6$ (nope, nothing wrong here). I guess I don’t really know why I picked it up. Its not really the usual type of dress that I would like for myself. I guess im feeling a little bit bohemian lately or something. Today, the full-on paisley print can look a little outdated if not worn correctly and, as with most prints; less is more. Short works best with paisley dresses as this strong print can drown your frame. My dress is pretty short, hemline stops above the knee. I also singed up the waist with a black vintage hollow flowers lace bowknot belt to add some shape and a little bit of girlieness to it ( without the belt, the dress is pretty baggy and shapeless). You should always try to choose pieces that compliment your figure (patterns will only highlight problem areas when your clothes don’t fit right), and when it doubt, ease into the trend with a colorfull scarf or bag rather than investing in a paisley dress or pair of pants. Check out leahlamarche.com for outfit details! 







No comments:

Post a Comment